POSITION : Sr. DevOps Engineer
Being a consulting and services startup we are looking for quick learners who can work in a cross-functional team of Consultants, SMEs from various domains, UX architects, and Application development experts, to deliver compelling solutions through the application of Data Science and Machine Learning. The desired candidate will have a passion for finding patterns in large datasets, an ability to quickly understand the underlying domain and expertise to apply Machine Learning tools and techniques to create insights from the data.
We looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with hands-on experience in designing, building, scaling web service architectures, prototyping, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues. You must be able to adjust to constant business change: new requirements, evolving business goals, and strategies, ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels.
Pre-requisite technical & Professional Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience primarily in DevOps and cloud computing
- Knowledge of AWS environment (EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, ELB, Route 53, VPC, IAM, etc).
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as Shell, Python, ruby, perl, go, powershell etc
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, SonarQube etc
- Proven Cloud experience / delivery of applications with AWS/ Azure/ Google Cloud or IBM cloud
- Hands-on experience in Networking / network configuration, Application performance monitoring, Container orchestration, performance and security
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Expert knowledge of Pipeline Automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, GIT, SONAR, or Chef/Artifactory/ Ansible)
- Working experience on Tomcat, Postgres/MySQL/MongoDB, Apache, Nginx, ActiveMQ environments
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes, open shift)
- Understanding of logging and monitoring tools (Opsgenie, Appdynamics, Sumologic, Datadog, ELK)
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, firewall and network concepts.
- Experience to productionise POCs, POVs and ML models as well as automating ML model deployments would be advantageous (MLOps)
- AWS Certification would be advantageous
Core responsibilities includes
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
Interested Candidates please share their resume at email@example.com mentioning position applied along with total years of experience